Monday, July 28, 2008

Big beams....

Tomorrow the big carrying beams for the second floor are being delivered and put in place by a boom truck....because of the span of the Great Room (24 feet wide) we had to have steel I-beams to carry the load of the upper floor and roof.

Final approval for the septic came today! whoohoo

And our first "draw" should be here in the next day or so, and we can pay off the bills so far! Paulette at Smith and Smith answered all my questions and explained how all of the money part works and it now makes MUCH more sense. Some days this all seems very confusing, but we'll be experts once it's done (not that we are ever doing this again! lol)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the septic worked out for you. The house is really starting to take shape now that you've got some walls up. I'm glad someone was able to explain the money thing to you. The bank doesn't always make things so clear. Is Smith and Smith a lawyer's office?

Heidi said...

Yes, they're the lawyers who are handling the money part. I knew we got draws and the money went to them, and that they paid Kent's but I wasn't sure what happened to the rest! She is really nice and explained it all to me :) I love seeing the house go up...can't wait to see the second story on...